Saturday, May 19, 2012

Illimitable

My question to myself this past year, as I graduate college, find myself and my career is, " Why do I limit myself?"

 I have felt these questions boil inside of me since I realized I would be graduating college in May 2012. It came so fast and yet I have no idea what direction I am traveling.

A good amount of my questioning myself and my ability comes from the absence of a father in my life. As many of my friends and family know, my father left me when I was a young girl, forcing my mother to singly parent four young teenagers. My two  sisters and brother are now adults/married with kids. I am the youngest of four and the third of which has graduated college. 389653_10100800009835767_9638174_51863830_688826444_n.jpg My siblingsFrom left to right, (Kevin, Natalie, Jennifer and me)
Believing in myself has come hard for me, especially without a biological dad to provide a sense of security, physically and emotionally. And as I write this, I think about the thousands of beautiful children, whose parents have abandoned them and left them with nothing--my heart hurts for them.

Luckily my mother powered through putting her kids through high school and college. Teaching us life lessons we would otherwise have to learn the hard way. For you, Mom, I am eternally grateful.

Nonetheless, life continues and you are what you make of yourself and your experiences. Traveling, observing nature, enrolling in an art class, meeting someone new every day--these are just a few things that make us alive and human. We all have an inner map that is waiting to be explored in every direction. Our lives are meant to have a rich dynamic, full of different passions, relationships and natural instinct for life's adventures.

I vow to never limit myself to forever be an illimitable spirit. 



295987_1382320165116_1445310062_31000056_6375546_n.jpg


No comments:

Post a Comment